All Infant children (Reception to Year 2) are currently entitled to free school meals as part of the Universal School Meals which started in September 2014. The cost of dinners for children in Years 3-6 from September 2023 will be £2.95 per day (£14.75 per week). Payment is made via Parent Pay (please email the School Office if you need the details).
Vegetarian options are always available and special dietary requirements can be catered for.
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you believe your child may be entitled to Free School Meals, please complete the form below:
School Dinner Changes
To request a change of dinner provision, please complete the form below:
Please note we require at least 2 weeks notice for any changes in dinner changes. Changes will start from the beginning of the week.
If your child is changing from Packed Lunches to School Dinners - Payments will need to be made for the School Dinners via Parent Pay. School Dinners are charged at £2.95 per day. We ask that you pay a week in advance to avoid any arrears.
Failure to pay for school dinners will result in your arrears being sent to Tameside MBC who may prosecute.
Please find our Dinner Menus below: